When trying to install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook client on a Terminal Services computer, the following error is received:
"Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4 for Outlook cannot be installed on a computer where Microsoft Exchange Server versions prior to Exchange Server 2007 are installed."
This error can be remedied by modified a registry key under the Exchange hive. To modify the key following the steps below:
- Open the Registry Editor (run regedit from command prompt)
- Backup (export) everything under the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange
- Delete the Key
- Install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4 for Outlook Client
- Configure the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4 for Outlook Client
- Re-install the key*
* Note: Re-installing the key will prevent new users from configuring their Microsoft Dynamics for Outlook client with CRM the first time they log in. Re-installing the key should be done after all required users have configured their Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook Client.